10.15.2011

October Birchbox

Yesterday I received my Birchbox

I probably haven't been this giddy about the mail arriving since I was 10 waiting for birthday money!  I heard about Birchbox through the blogging community and decided to make it my birthday present. (yes, one of many)  At the time, I didn't subscribe to magazines, so I figured 10 bucks a month isn't really a splurge.  So, if you are unfamiliar with the company as I was one month ago, basically you get a small box in the mail with samples of high end beauty products.  They are customized to your preferences.  For example, I have light complexion, color my hair, and if given the chance, would splurge on hair products over other cosmetics.  You can then purchase full sizes through the website, as well as read about tutorials, etc.  It gives me an opportunity to try before I buy; to have someone else knowledgeable recommend something for me I wouldn't normally try; and educates me on more beauty secrets.  Its also great for those that don't have access to stores that sell these products.

Anyway, here is more about the contents in my box this month:
Lovely presentation

  • BeFine Lip Exfoliator 
  • Spackle Tinted Under Make-up Primer in Bronze
  • Oribe Shampoo and Conditioner for Color Treated Hair
  • Orofluido Elixer (hair serum)
  • Caudalie Vinoperfect Cell Renewal Night Cream
I already tried the lip exfoliator , the make-up primer, and the hair serum.  I can't wait to try the rest.  Come November, I will be anxiously awaiting my next box.  Anyone else giddy about a special package in the mail?

No comments: