10.14.2011

Mercury, I think I love you

I have an unhealthy mercury glass obsession.  Have you noticed?  To make matters worse, I am seeing it everywhere.  I discovered mercury glass two years ago around Christmas time.  Target had some lovely pillar candle holders (they were really plastic, but looked like mercury glass) I purchased for my Christmas display.  Then I found some lovely votive holders.
  • Remember this from my birthday?  ( I received the medium one)
     My Momma also gifted me with two of these to add to my Target collection.


    Pottery Barn has some lovely lamps.  Pinterest even has pins with tutorials of how to re-create the look with spray paint.  I'm not that brave to try it.

     
    Now, I am seeing mercury glass everywhere!
     
     
    I don't think I found a piece I don't love.  However, I think it looks best in small doses.  I am battling my inner three-year-old and feel that everything I see is mine.  I adore decorating with the shiny stuff at Christmas, but I think having an object or two out all year is lovely.  Although, I might have to splurge on the lamps.  Santa?  Are you reading?

    What do you think?  Is it too trendy?  Too blingy?  Do you own any?  No wait, don't tell me, because then I will want it.

No comments: