12.07.2011

Zillow

You may be wondering what did on vacation when I wasn't watching HGTV.  Or maybe not.  I'll tell you anyway.  I wasted the time away on Zillow.  Have you heard of it?  Its a real estate website to assist you in finding a house or even a rental.  And its addicting.

Hubby and I are currently renting.  We hope to buy in a year or two.  We have some personal financial goals we want to attain before jumping into a mortgage.  Nevertheless, that hasn't stopped me from looking.  Zillow allows you to search on a map, plus the regular price/bedroom/bathroom filters.  It also shows you an estimate of what the property is worth, price history, tax history, and more.  You can see what has sold in the neighborhood and compare it to the property you are coveting.

I personally like looking at the interior pictures of the oceanfront properties.  After all, its nice to know that the 1.2 million dollar house has an interior straight out of the 1980s.  If I am going to spend 1.2 million beans, I don't want to have to sink more money in to update the kitchen, bathrooms, etc.  Never mind that my budget isn't anywhere close to 1.2 million anything.

Anyone else heard of Zillow and spend all their free time on it?  Its almost as bad as Pinterest!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I LOVE looking at houses. I used to do this a lot when we lived in St. Louis, but as you know now my options are extremely slim so I no longer look online. I've always thought being a real estate agent would be fun.

Unknown said...

Yes, you do have slim pickin's now. Maybe you need to look for a vacation home?