12.06.2011

So we had to come home

Tuesday morning we planned on leaving early, after all we had 6 hours of driving to do.  Before we left, I wanted to take pictures of the resort grounds.  It was a chilly morning, but it wasn't raining and the sun had peaked through the mountains. 

Here is a view from our balcony:


After breakfast we walked to Chetola Lake.  We stood in the boathouse to take these pictures.





Do you see who is coming to visit it us?




These guys came to say hello!  Actually, I think they were expecting a snack and I let them down.  I apologized, but the as soon as they realized I didn't have the goods, this is what I saw:


The punks left me as quickly as they came.  Swans are only in it for the food, just so you know.

We walked toward the gazebo, but it was windy and slippery and wet and COLD.




One last shot of the lake.

Can you imagine what this place must look like in the fall?  Or the spring?  I thought it was beautiful with rain and fog and overall icky weather.

Hubby and I had a wonderful time away, even if the majority of our time was spent watching cable, playing on the iPad and taking naps.  And I learned something; while I enjoy the mountains and find the scenery breathtaking, I don't like the cold.  It didn't even snow.  I'm definitely a beach and warm weather girl.  Nothing like a vacation to make you happy about going home!

I'll leave you with a few pictures of the drive down the mountains:




No comments: