12.13.2011

Deck the Halls (or Living Room)

I have most of my Christmas decor up, but having my house clean at the same time to take pictures isn't really happening.  Just so you know, I spot cleaned.  Have you ever done that?   Just cleaned what you knew your visitor would see?  I transferred the junk to the kitchen and my bedroom.  I didn't think you'd want to see my hot mess.

Anyway, here's the living area:


I still don't have art about the couch, so I decided it would be the perfect place for the stockings....and a wreath.  My stocking was made by my grandmother when I was a girl.  I purchased the others from Lands End to keep with the needlepoint theme.  The wreath I purchased from Target a few years ago.  They are all hung on Command hooks.  I love Command hooks.  We've had these for 3 plus years now.


The tray and reindeer are also from Target.  I might keep the tray out past Christmas.  I like it.


And of course the bookshelves.  The Moravian stars and half of the mercury glass candleholders are from Target.  Noticing a theme here?  The other half are from West Elm.  Others are gifts.



Of course there is the tree.  But I've already talked about it in my Christmas tree post.




Next, we have the dining area:

My coffee bar received a make over with a silver tray, red runner, and glitter snowflake trees.  All from Target.  No, I don't own stock, but I should.


Hubby got this rosemary tree from Lowes.  I think he's adorable (both the tree and my hubby)  The snowman ornament Princess found and hung on the tree.  The red beaded charger is from Target.

So that's about as far as I got.  Only 13 more days until I have to take it all down.

No comments: