12.17.2011

Whirlwind

This last week has been nuts.  We had a family emergency, so Hubby had to go for a few days and my momma came to stay and help with the kiddos.  I (finally) got a home store and promotion in one big job update; so I've had tons of work to do for that.  Plus, there is a major holiday around the corner and I was supposed to do my shopping last weekend.  Remember when I said I didn't want to do my holiday shopping until December?  I wanted to savor the season and stick to a budget.  Well, my planned shopping time really didn't happen, but thank the heavens for the internets.  I am nearly done with my shopping AND have stuck to our budget.  I'm so proud.  And tired.  Maybe exhausted.  I'm ready to pack up the tree and welcome January.

I haven't had time to do much housework, much less blog.  This weekend we are planning on doing some holiday baking and enjoying our family time.  Plus laundry.  I love family weekends.  What are your plans?  Are you ready for the Big Day?

5 comments:

Carly said...

Heck yeah! We are going to open presents on the 23rd, because on the 24-26th we are going to visit my grandparents in Arkansas. In fact, most of mom's family will be there, it's going to be nuts. We get home on the 26th, and my bro and sis and their spouses are coming that afternoon for food and libations, and then the day after is Cam and I's anniversary. I'm actually looking forward to it all being over so I can relax again. Haha.

Carly said...

Oh, and I forgot to mention Sammy's birthday party this evening, and Christmas dinner with Cam's sister and her family on the 20th. How much partying can one do before one drops?

Unknown said...

Are you still happy to have Christmas, Anniversary, and a Birthday all within 4 days? I'm sure that adds onto the craziness! You are one busy lady!

Jennifer said...

Yeah!!! Congrats on finally getting a home store AND a promotion!! Great news right before the Holiday too. Hang in there, January will be here way too quickly. Miss you!

Unknown said...

Thanks Jennifer!