12.28.2011

December Birchbox

I'm a bit late posting my December Birchbox.  There are a number of reasons behind this.  Of course I'm going to blame this on Christmas and all the holiday craziness.  Plus, Birchbox had a bit of a snafu this month.  They chose to give me (among a handful of other subscribers) a brand-spankin' new fragrance as one of our samples.  Its hasn't even been released for sale yet.  Unfortunately, there was a delay in the shipment of the samples, which resulted in the boxes to be late.  To compensate for this, Birchbox and the fragrance company are offering a discount on the full-size fragrance if we wish to purchase it, plus extra points.  (the points accumulate to offer additional discounts on purchases through birchbox.com)  I think the situation was handled appropriately and I am thrilled with my box, once again.  Anyway, here are my monthly goodies:


Ambre Nue is the fragrance that caused the delay.  I love is.  Its kinda spicy, but a bit sweet too.  Its definitely going on my wish list.

EBoost is a health supplement.  It has vitamins and minerals in an orange flavored powder that you mix with water.  I like the concept, but it tastes awful in my opinion.  Its the aftertaste that's hard to stomach.

Oscar Blandi Volumizing Dry Shampoo.  I was really excited to try this out. I'd like to get by with washing my hair less (who wouldn't?)  I think it worked pretty well, but I'm not convinced its the best one out there for super fine hair like mine.

Nuxe Huile OR Multiusage Dry Oil Shimmer is a lovely product that is applied to the skin to moisturize and add a subtle shimmery glow.  You can even add a few drops to the ends of your hair for extra shimmer.  I adore the fragrance and light feel on the skin.

Jouer Moisturizing Lip Gloss in Birchbox Pink is to die for.  Everyone could extra moisture for there lips, and this one adds a bit of sheer color and shine.  Its perfect to wear alone in a single sheer layer, add on the layers for more intense color, or wear over lipstick.

Showstoppers are adhesive strips meant to be applied to keep clothing in place.  I haven't had a need to try these out yet, but I think the concept is there.

All in all, even though my box arrived late, I still adored my samples and wholeheartedly recommend giving Birchbox a try!  Let me know if you have any questions!

No comments: