3.04.2011

Where is My Reading Rainbow?

Once upon a time, I was never caught without a book.  I won a library summer reading contest when I was very small (I don't even remember how old I was, think less than first grade??) I got in trouble in middle school for reading.  Now, I read children's books to my kids, and somewhat be-grudgingly. Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled my babies attempt to read books more then they eat them; however, my mind isn't challenged.  Especially when its the fifth time reading Green Eggs and Ham.
Reading has become an obligation.  I read for work, for continuing education, for Bible study, and for my child's entertainment.  I haven't been reading for me.  I want to change.  My husband has commented that I need  a hobby; a stress reliever from my job.  Maybe I can start to read again.  I need time for myself, educational time, quiet time, entertaining time.  Apparently surfing the internet and reading other blogs isn't enough.  Perhaps books can fulfill that for me.  My problem is, that once I start a book, I have to finish it.  Right NOW.  I suppose I might also be learning self control, since I'm too old to read until 4am.  In the mean time, both of us are reading books for our church small groups, so that will be my starting point.  I want to read a variety of books, ones for personal and spiritual growth, plus a few literary classics.  I'll try to update on my progress and recommendations.  Speaking of recommendations, do you have any?

No comments: