11.20.2011

I'm Thankful for my Job

  Happy Pills
I am thankful for my job.  Honestly, I'm lucky to have it.  Over 11 years ago, I chose to pursue this career path.  It hasn't been easy.  There have been times I wanted to throw in the towel.  I may have thought that yesterday.  The people who come to visit me are sick, dying, certifiably crazy, drug addicts, related to one of the above, or ALL of the above.  I don't know why I expect them all to be nice, sweet, friendly patients.  Don't get me wrong, some of them ARE nice, just not many of them.  However, they need me.  I am a link in their healthcare.  For some, I am the one they talk to concerning their latest ailment.  I am the one who calls their prescriber to change the medication they can't afford to something more manageable.  Sometimes, I'm just the one who listens because no one else will.
It's definitely not a walk in the park.  The hours are long and varied.  The responsibility is heavy.  But I enjoy making a difference.  My children don't have to go to daycare.  When I go home, I know my family is waiting for me.  For this, I am thankful.

No comments: