11.11.2011

Handsome's Second Birthday Party

My baby boy turned two!  We celebrated with two parties.  (here is the first one.)  The second one I planned a bit better.  It wasn't at impromptu.  I enjoy organizing and planning a party when I have the time.  I chose a harvest/fall theme so I could take advantage of the seasonal decorations. 

Menu:
house salad
crockpot lasagna
garlic bread
pumpkin bread and cake
salted caramel cupcakes
apple cider
coffee

Forgive me for not taking pictures of the main course.  I had a house full of hungry people and kiddos that were pre-occupied with cupcakes and presents.  The recipe for crockpot lasagna can be found here.  The only alteration I made was to add 1lb of ground hamburger to appease Hubby.  It turned out delicious.  The dessert recipes can be found here and here.


For the party decor, I uses items I already had on hand.  Mini pumpkins, upcycled glass jars with raffia paper and yellow fabric tied on.  I did buy the flowers at the grocery store.  It was one bouquet and I split it up. 


Here is my angel waiting patiently for his cupcake.


Devouring said cupcake. He is so serious!


Playing with a train while waiting for Papa to get the fire truck out of the package.


Finally!  Getting to play with the fire truck!  Oh to be two again!

No comments: