11.21.2012

Giving Thanks

It that time of year where we publicly declare our thanks for our privileged life.  I really don't have anything profound to say.  I know I'm surrounded with many blessings and I feel silly to list them.  Especially when these things I live with on a daily basis are not available in other parts of the world.

However, its the little things in life that brings be the greatest joy.

Residing minutes from this view.  Knowing after a difficult day feeling the ocean breeze on my face will wash it away.


Waking up in a warm bed next to this man that loves me.  Even if he does snore.


The bright smile of my little boy.  His joy is contagious and I am reminded to savor his baby kisses and snuggles.

My daughter asking for a "big hug and snuggles" then telling me we are "best friends".  If only I can lock this memory away and replay it when she turns sixteen.


I'm thankful to live in a country that allows me to worship as I please.

Most of all I'm thankful for a God that loves me despite my sin and continues to pursue me even when I falter.  #truelove


No comments: