11.14.2012

Crockpot Meatballs

Remember my Mission?  Well, here is what I came up with dinner for the first night.

I two packages of meatballs, including an open package from Ikea, in my freezer.  This was my starting point.  So I rummaged around in my fridge looking for something to make sauce with.  I have heard of people making meatballs with grape jelly and chili sauce, but I didn't have any chili sauce.  But I did have three open bottles of bbq sauce.  I also had an open jar of lingonberry preserves.  Yes, I did it.

I dumped the frozen meatballs in my crockpot.  In went the bbq sauce, lingonberry preserves, plus a healthy dash of hot sauce and minced onion.  I left it on low for a few hours and served them with cheesy mashed potatoes and leftover corn casserole.




Now it wasn't a gourmet meal, but it wasn't horrible either. The meatballs were a bit on the greasy side, but that wasn't a fault of the the recipe.  I didn't tell my hubby what the ingredients were (he usually is really picky about what I make) and he didn't complain at all.  My favorite meatball recipe is this one, unfortunately what I threw together doesn't even come close.  Nevertheless, it was inexpensive, took little effort, and helped me along on my mission of cleaning out the freezer!

No comments: