8.31.2012

Favorite Pot Roast

I love pot roast. I mean, I really love it.  For me, its the definition of comfort food.  And I love it so much, I thought I would share my recipe.  It has taken me a while to tweak it.  I had to learn which cut of meat works best, and how to season it.  Plus, what to serve with it.  So here is my secret.  Or maybe its not a secret and you already know this.  Which if that's the case, why haven't you shared?
  • The Meat Hubby says a chuck roast is the best.  My stomach agrees.
  • Method  Crock pot.  Because I am lazy and love to do stuff other than standing in the kitchen.
  • Seasoning  McCormick Pot Roast Seasoning Packet.  Seriously, its the best.  I like to mix it with a can of beef broth instead of water.  I've tried other seasonings, beef stew, onion soup etc, but this one is the best.  I promise.
  • Add ins  Baby Carrots, potatoes, celery, onion optional
  • Serve with Kings Hawaiian Rolls.  Seriously, they are uh-mazing.


I add all the ingredients (except rolls) in the crock pot and cook on low for about 8 hours.  My house smells delicious and I thank myself for planning ahead. End of story.

Do you have a comfort food?  What's your go-to easy meal?

No comments: