8.13.2012

August Birchbox

Its another month and time for another Birchbox!  I still enjoy discovering it in the mailbox and anticipating the lovely contents.  This month's package was wrapped in orange instead of the trademark hot pink.



August is back-to-school for many and Birchbox continued the theme with "Beauty School".


I love opening the box and seeing the pretty packages!


Yet again, I received awesome samples.
  • Shu Uemura: Art of Hair Cleansing Oil shampoo
  • Fusion Beauty: Lash Fusion XL mascara
  • Juicy Couture:  Viva La Juicy La Fleur fragrance
  • Yu-Be: Moisturizing Skin Cream
  • Schick: HydroSilk razor (bonus box extra)
So far, I've tried everything except the razor.  I LOVE the scent of the shampoo, its beautiful.  I'd love a lotion with that smell.  The mascara is great, but I was expecting to be wowed.  It does provide more volume, but doesn't lengthen much.  I guess I like length more.  The fragrance it nice, but a little sweet for me.   The skin cream feels really nice.  Its a glycerin-based cream formulated by a Japanese pharmacist!  I should love it, right?  If only it didn't smell like camphor.  Luckily, the scent doesn't last long.

Learn more about Birchbox here.  See other boxes here and here.

Birchbox doesn't know I have a blog.  I just write what I like and share things that make me happy.  No free stuff here.

No comments: