6.04.2012

Operation Vacation

OK, so my idea of a vacation is probably not normal.  I actually made several lists of projects I wanted to accomplish around the house.  Projects like, weeding, mulching, painting, and the like.  Hubby wasn't really amused, his idea of vacation is spending an afternoon at the pool or beach.  I can't relax when I know there is a project to be done!


Painting our bedroom has been at the top of my list for some time.  I just wasn't sure what color.  Finally, I decided I wanted some sort of gray.  After a few weeks of picking up paint chips, reading design blogs, and pinning gray rooms on Pinterest, I had three samples mixed and painted stripes on my wall.


I waited a day or two before deciding.  I wanted the end result to be gray, not blue.  My vision is to have a moody, cozy, cool, relaxing bedroom.  I love sleeping in on cloudy, rainy days.  I love thunderstorms and find them relaxing. 

#1 gray horse, #2 moonshine, #3 gray owl, all by benjamin moore

And as luck would have it, it was a cloudy afternoon when I took these pictures, so the room was a bit dark.  I think all these colors actually photograph darker than in person.  So what do you think?  Which option would you choose?

No comments: