6.17.2012

Soul Detox

Its been a little while coming, but I've been needing a soul detox.  My job isn't the most jolly of places, my kiddos are/have been in a screaming phase, we've moved across the country leaving behind our church, friends, the only sense of normalcy I've known, and the closest Chipotle is three hours away.  Yes, I know these are third world problems, but they hurt me just the same.  I'm very thankful for my house, family, and we have plenty to eat.  But I still feel something's missing.

I noticed at the smallthingsblog.com she joined the #SheReadsTruth community, so of course I clicked the link to see what it was all about.  I browsed around before I found the study they were reading from.  Turns out, its from YouVersion and there is an app, but I don't have a fancy phone.  So I signed up directly from the YouVersion website and browsed the reading plans.  The Soul Detox plan is what the SheReadsTruth community is doing, and it speaks to me as well, so I jumped right in.


SheReadsTruth

I decided to start from the beginning, so I read my first one last night.  I'm getting excited for a change.  I feel toxic inside and its spreading to other aspects of my life.  I don't want to be remembered as bitter or negative at work, by my kids, or my hubby. I need to change something, and digging into to the Bible is great place to start.

Feel free to join me, a little encouragement never hurt anyone.


No comments: