7.06.2011

Thankful

As much as I have complained about my life the last few weeks, I really am very grateful for the opportunities I've been blessed with.  Yes, my job is hectic and stressful.  My daughter doesn't want to sleep in her own bed.  My children are whining incessantly.  I am quicker to anger than usual.  My house is a disaster most days.  My husband wants a convertible AND a motorcycle.  However, the air I breathe is sweeter.  My house is full of natural sunlight.  I live two blocks from breathtaking views.  I can walk to the grocery store,  doughnut shop, coffee shop, numerous restaurants, and the beach.  I recently discovered how to cold brew coffee and make the most delicious iced coffee known to man and woman.  I have lots of shopping opportunities within minutes.  My parents and in-laws are within four hours drive.  I am thankful for these things, and pleased to be able to give my kids these experiences.  The best things in life aren't simply handed to you, you must work for them.  I don't learn by watching, I learn by doing.
So, today I am thankful for iced coffee, walks on the beach at sunset with my family, and the promise I can do it all again tomorrow.  What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

Betsy said...

The other day someone said, "What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?" I've started counting each and every blessing and realizing how much I truly have.