5.16.2012

Cheap House Project #3 (Hook Up)

This has actually been the most expensive house project to date.  However, it's been an important one.  As much as I want everything to disappear and magically unpack itself, that isn't happening.  Additionally, I don't have places to put everything.  And I hate piles on the floor.  Enter in hooks.  I've amassed a small collection, but we needed a few more.  I'd rather see things hanging up then laying on the floor.  Anyone else with me on this one?

So here's what I've been up to.

This is the first one up.  It started as a black metal piece that I've had since my college days. (think it originated from Pier 1)  I decided it needed a bright blue hue and would function fabulously in my Princess's closet to corral her jackets/sweatshirts/etc.


These I've had for a few years (World Market steals) and hung them in my closet behind the door.  They hold my unmentionables and belts.



These were a splurge from Anthropologie.  Now, I can say I have bought something from there.  I was hoping to find more cute hooks from World Market, but they were out.  Alas, I was forced to buy them from Anthropologie.  As you can see, they hold my cardigan collection.



Laundry room hooks for towels/jackets/bags.



Entryway hooks.  I recently purchased this from Target.  I wish we had space for a mudroom or fun entryway organizer, but this will make do.



On a side note, have you ever used a stud finder?  Hubby and I had quite an interesting Saturday night trying to find a stud to hang some of these hooks into.  Yes, we cracked quite a few "stud" jokes.  And for the record, I don't think they are very accurate.  I, for one, am not a stud.

Anyhoo, that about wraps up my hook-hanging spree.  At least until I go buy more, but we are back to the cheap thing and I have to save up more money.  Anyone else organizing by hooks?  Or perhaps you have a good stud finder trick?

No comments: