4.25.2012

April Birchbox

My April Birchbox has arrived!  I had a few hiccups getting my box this month, but in spite of the post office being slow about forwarding my mail and the delivery confirmation telling my my package was undeliverable, my box only showed up a few days late.  I, however, am just late posting about it because of my own inefficiency.   Anyway, on to the goodies.


This month's theme was earthy and organic inspired products.  Now I'm not the most green person around, but I can appreciate a good, natural product.  I don't like to buy things just because they are natural and organic, the product better be effective and wow me.  This box delivered.

  • Wonderstruck by Taylor Swift.  Ok, maybe not a green product, but it smells great, and my daughter loves it.  Another perfume sample to add to my collection.
  • Zoya nail polish in Lotus.  Its a lovely purple color, no tuolene, camphor, or formaldehyde, goes on opaque in one coat, and lasts at least 50% longer than other nail-polishes.  I really like it!
  • Juice Beauty Oil-Free Moisturizer.  Its a nice, light moisturizer that contains natural salicylic acid for acne prone skin.  Its also great for oily skin.  I was pleasantly surprised after trying this product.  I normally don't like things with salicylic acid, I feel they are too drying for me, but this one works great!  
  • Amika Obliphica Nourishing Hair Mask.  I'm a sucker for hair products.  Its my beauty weakness.  I love this stuff.  I've only used it twice, but I can my hair feels softer and the ends don't feel as rough.  I might have to splurge on this product.
  • Dropps Laundry Detergent.  This the "lifestyle extra" for my box.  I am currently washing a load of sheets with it right now.  Individual packets are always nice to keep down the mess with detergent, but the really factor is the scent and stain removal effectiveness. 
So there is my April Birchbox.  Any questions about the products?  Any fabulous new products you've tried recently?

No comments: