10.31.2012

Taco Soup

We finally have had some cooler weather, and by cool, I mean it might be 45 overnight and 65 during the day.  I'm all for boots, long sleeves, and scarves!  I also took the dropping temperatures as a sign to bring out the crock pot and make soup.  My grandma has a great taco soup recipe that I was dying to make.  Of course, I had to alter it, I can't leave any recipe alone.  My excuse is usually that I don't have all the ingredients and I don't want to make a trip to the store.  So here is my version of Taco Soup.



  • 1 can of chicken broth
  • 1 can of corn
  • 1 can of diced tomatoes with chiles
  • 1 can of tomato sauce
  • 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 small can of green chiles
  • 1 pkt of taco seasoning
  • 1 pkt of ranch dressing mix
  • 1 can of water
  • a few frozen chicken breasts


Everything went in the crockpot on low for several hours.  Maybe 6 hours.  I took out the chicken, diced it, and dumped it back in.  I switched the pot to warm until we were ready to eat.  I served with sour cream, cheese, and tortilla chips.  It made TONS.  I probably have enough for a week.


Perfect fall food.  It warm, slightly spicy, filling, easy to make, and is enough for several meals.  Thanks Grandma!

2 comments:

A.D. McGregor said...

Sounds tasty. I might have to try this.

Unknown said...

its yummy, you might be eating it for two weeks it makes so much! Grandma suggested freezing it, so that might be a good option for you too!