7.16.2014

Near Perfect

Today was one of those rare perfect days.  I feel the need to document so I can remember this on a dreadful day that's bound to come.

I got to sleep until I woke naturally.  It was raining.  My ideal lazy morning.  The house was quite as my hubby had taken H to preschool and A was still snoozing in her bed.  Hubby brought home coffee.

When my daughter awoke, she came down stairs in a lovely mood.  She even let me brush her hair and braid it.  She went up stairs to play by herself. I lounged around reading blogs and taking pictures of my loves.  The dogs played together, gently.  I even got to capture a video, after all, Oliver will only be a puppy for a short while.

We had lunch as a family once H was home from preschool.  Hubby took a nap, I planned and started dinner.  I daydreamed about what I want from life while doing a few chores.  Almost decided to paint, but opted to wait for a time when hubby isn't home to ask questions.  H took a nap.

Hubby said I was sexy, despite me still in my pajamas and lacking a shower.  I may not feel it, but its nice to be reminded.

Made dinner with two vegetable side dishes!  Hubby and A made cookie dough.  Woke up H to join us for dinner.  Kids actually ate protein AND tried some veggies!  Of course we bribed with cookies, but there were no tears!

Hubby and I had a conversation about family goals.  It feels good to continue the discussion of what we want for our family and how we should proceed. It really helps to put the hard-life stuff in perspective.

I stole a few bites of cookie dough.  Don't tell. (its a sin to my hubby, something about wasting the final product?)

And I still have a few hours left in the day!  I might be able to squeeze in a soak in the tub and a DIY facial and still turn in early!

No comments: