2.14.2013

Yes, m'Lady

I confess, I finally got hooked on a TV show.  Hubby and I started watching Downton Abbey.  I admit, I'm a bit embarrassed.  Its not too often that I'm enamored with a show and day-dream about the characters.  Would you believe this one wasn't even my idea?  My sweet husband suggested we watch it together, as a "date activity" after the kiddos go to bed.  We both heard it was a decent show and thought we'd watch the first episode on Netflix.  The rest is history.  We breezed through the first season and waited in agony before finally purchasing the second season on iTunes.

I'm a sucker for beautiful clothes and scenery.  While the show is definitely a soap opera, if feels a bit classier when set in the 1910s and spoken with an English accent.  I can't say the last time I've been drawn into a show like this (House? WestWing?), and I understand more why some people spend the evenings in front of the tube.  There is something relaxing about escaping into an alternate reality for 45 minutes.  While I'm not sure how long this will last, we are enjoying it while we can.  I treasure the time I can curl up on the couch in front of the fire with my honey, sipping a drink, and yelling at the kiddos to go back to bed.  I'm rooting for Anna and Mr Bates.  I know they will make it, I just know it.

Anyone else a sucker for English accents?  What are your guilty pleasures on the tube?

1 comment:

Carly said...

I stinkin' love that show.