1.08.2013

Picture Perfect

Last fall, I accomplished a goal of mine.  I had family pictures taken.  By a professional.  And it was just at terrifying as I thought it would be.

I've wanted to have pictures done since Princess was a baby.  And even more so once Handsome was born.  A few years ago, I had a friend of ours take pictures of us, but sadly, we live a few states away from each other now.  Finally, this November I took the plunge and scheduled a session.

Why am I so afraid to have our pictures made?  Well, for one, you have to to pay someone.  And there is no guarantee the kiddos will cooperate.  In fact, both kiddos will probably run in opposite directions and I will be forced to keep me cool in front of a stranger when I really want to yell and scream.  Not that I ever do that.  Then, after paying a nice photographer to take pictures of screaming children and feeling thoroughly embarrassed that I am responsible for raising them;  I'll have to have pictures printed for family, etc.  The photos will remind me forever how rotten my kiddos are and how I am failure at parenting.  Oh you think this sounds a bit extreme?

While this story has a bit more truth to it than I might care to admit, the photographer I chose is really talented and did capture a few precious images of my angels.  Even if they did run in opposite directions.


We had a lot of this going on.


And this:


But I did get a few precious ones:


(this was after a meltdown)



But I did get the coveted family photo:


 Isn't this typical?  A great picture of our backsides as we chase the kiddos....

Nevertheless, just before the sun dipped too low, we had success:



I'm not showing you the outtakes, there is too many and I don't have the patience to upload them.  I did find the whole ordeal a bit exhausting.  I had high hopes and the whole event didn't go quite as I planned.  Despite the lack of cooperation by my offspring, I am pleased with the results and I am eager to try again.  I'm not sure what really took so long for me to do this.  Perhaps simply the fear of the unknown?

All photos take by Middle Child Photography at Myrtle Beach State Park.

No comments: